Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Recent service involved 3 recalls.

1 Fuel one way valve gasket replacement.

2 ECM-Reprograme.

3 Inspect and punch test lower control arms.

I had known about the fuel valve recall for some time but hadn't bothered to do it.

The ECM re-flash is the second time the firmware has been upgraded on this car. I was told that this one improves the environmental performance of the car. http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cars101.com%2Frecalls.html&ei=uGCVUI-YHoTfyQHUzYD4Cw&usg=AFQjCNG8kpxIozX9K9-2YU6f8ev853_tpQ

Because my front control arms were "like new" they rustproofed my front end instead of replacing anything.

Nice just in time for winter:headbang:

What vehicle was this on?

2006 Impreza wagon.

Car runs richer initially then idles down quicker and I feel the car warms up quicker as well.

Seems like it took a while for the ecu to trim. Initially the exhaust had a rumble or louder note when cold. I'm not sure it might have gone away?

Ran fine at 122 KMH for 1 hour. Smooth as silk when I put to bed.

2006 Impreza wagon.

Car runs richer initially then idles down quicker and I feel the car warms up quicker as well.

Seems like it took a while for the ecu to trim. Initially the exhaust had a rumble or louder note when cold. I'm not sure it might have gone away?

Ran fine at 122 KMH for 1 hour. Smooth as silk when I put to bed.

Now the ECU has had time to learn, the start-up mixture is somewhat leaner ( nose test ), and the idle down is quicker. Also I would swear that my warm-up time is sooner, the idiot gauge thermometer rises in just a few blocks. The auto for what it is, also seems quite smooth, is it possible that instead of delaying lockup as was previous for warm up purposes they are revving each gear a bit more instead?