Ultimate Subaru Message Board

no cupholders... what the heck!?!

xbeerd

I've always had good luck with using the adjustable cupholders that clamp onto your e-brake lever. Adjusts to fit up to 44 oz fountain drink cups, down to coffee cup size. Also slides left or right to be offset so big drinks don't hit the passenger seat. It's nice that it's removable or can be left on without affecting e-brake lever function ( just remove drink before pulling e-brkae handle. lol). Usually like $3-5 at "mart" stores or auto parts. I haven't needed one for a few years since I usually use a 1-liter or similar with a screw top. but I'm guessing they are still available.

the center console on loyales with the tall console(automatic seatbelts) works good for my cup o coffee. with a regular console the spot between the shifter and the brake lever has always worked.

i have always had the idea of using a grand am cupholder(the one that comes out to reveal the ashtray) and drilling a hole in the flat spot on the dash to hold a can of beverage.

the flat spot on the dash will hold down a coffee mug just fine, so long as i dont drive like an idiot.

a hot cup of coffee on the dash or in your lap is a perfect speed control device!

• 4 months later...