Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Tire and Wheel sizes for 1992 Loyale...what is available to increase clearance?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vespa93103

vespa93103

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Santa Barbara

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:53 AM

HI
What can I put on this 1992 Loyale for tires and wheels to increase ground clearance?
Apparently, there is not much of a choice for tires with 13" wheels, is this true?
What do you recommend?

Thank you for your responses

#2 markjw

markjw

Elite Master of the Search Function

• Members
  • 809 posts
  • Lacey,Wash.

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:10 PM

I run 205/60/15's on Peugeot wheels. Bone stock,91' Loyale. Search the subject. A book of info is available about this very subject right here on the USMB.

#3 eulogious

eulogious

Inspiring Subaneer

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • Olympia, WA

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:21 PM

Check out my thread about the tires that I got. Might help you out...

http://www.ultimates...ad.php?t=104450

I think they look great, for a 13" tire anyways.

#4 suba258k

suba258k

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • St. Johnsbury, VT

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:54 PM

185 80 13 Snow tires on my dad's 89 GL wagon 4WD. He bought the car comes with extra of them! It's more clearance.

#5 momoe

momoe

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Brooklyn

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and have been searching threads for an answer, but haven't found it and this thread looks most recent and on-topic.

We have a white '91 Loyale wagon with stock rims and hub caps (only 3 - lost one in a Brooklyn pothole). While I grew up in So Cal, I had friends in Lake Tahoe and Colorado with Brats or DL/GLs and I always loved the utilitarian look of the white wagon wheels.

Are any wagon wheels (Jackman/EA81/EA82 ?) compatible with our Loyale? Is there anything specific that I need to watch out for when looking at used wagon wheels?

Thx

#6 zyewdall

zyewdall

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,136 posts
  • Ward, CO

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:00 PM

If you want the white wagon wheels, I think you need to make sure they are from an EA82... the EA81 ones won't fit over the brake calipers on the EA82's if you have new pads on there (they will with worn old pads...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users