Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT6 PS Issues again. also on XT6 board

Using the wife's legacy to go to NY skiing on Sunday so I figured I'd replace the brushes as PS has been intermittent again. (Light has been on pretty much the whole time). Replaced the brushes only to find that I crushed one of the wires on the brushes. Put it back in and the case broke. . Found one so the wife has a car while I'm gone. Had to pay $75 for it b/c the JY that I know has one was closed and with snow and ice expected tonight they definately won't be open tomorrow.

New/used one that worked when it was pulled about a year ago doesn't work. What else could it be and how can I test for other issues??? Any ideas? At least it now can be driven but she hates the lack of ps as she works downtown.

hey ben.. when i bought that xt6 in oregon i took it in to the dealer and had them run the vin to see if that little black box had been replaced under the recall.. it was..

maybe its bad again.. just an idea.. and when i had it here and it was acting up the dealer here suggested the black box as well.. just some input on your troubleshooting..

PS there is a fulltime 4wd xt6 sittin at the scrap yard behind my house (2 miles away) it prolly got the little black box still.. i might be able to go out and get it if ya need it.. (car was hit in the drivers side too, so its not there for mechanical reasons)

let me know..