Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have noticed this sound and I really can't pinpoint it because I need another person to move the while I'm outside but if you are driving next to a wall it's like a sqeeking sound depended on your speed.

However I noticed if I turn my wheel to the left while moving like going around a turn or whatever it gets a little louder.. turning to the right it seems like something shifts and it's like a metal rubbing sound.

the only thing I know is when i went to check my brake pads way back in the spring time the brake pad back which I think is the anti squeal price was so rusted it just fell away would this be causing this?

I'd check the brake pads and also the axles to make sure nothing is rubbing.

I don't know who makes these pads but they have no bite at all only reason I did not change them when I did the rotors was because they still had like 60/70% life left.

And it's been a long time since I brought pads but do you get a new backing plate with the new pads?

What are you referring to ask backing plate? The anti rattle shims? Some of the new pads have anti rattle shims/pads built onto the pads.

Personally, I find those damn anti-rattle shims cause more noise then they're supposed to fix. So I usually don't run them, and will just use some CRC disc brake quieter on the back of the pads where the caliper & pads touch.

What are you referring to ask backing plate? The anti rattle shims? Some of the new pads have anti rattle shims/pads built onto the pads.

Personally, I find those damn anti-rattle shims cause more noise then they're supposed to fix. So I usually don't run them, and will just use some CRC disc brake quieter on the back of the pads where the caliper & pads touch.

yeah the anti rattle shims

Maybe a bad wheel bearing? if so the rotor will walk around and ride against the caliper bracket, and wear the pads down at a slant.

make sure the axle nut is installed and torqued correctly. Animproper axle nut/washers install will compromise the wheel bearing and eventually the hub splines where they engage the axle