Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2010 SCCA Rallycross National Championship 08/20/2010 - 08/22/2010

ShawnW

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty well. Not as good as 2009 but still a great event. It was frigid cold last year and this year it was 90-100 degrees....at the exact same location.

Max took 2nd in M4 this year in his 95 Impreza with a 3.0 swap in it. His car is frequently shown in the magazine and websites as its green with a yellow hood. The engine/exhaust sounds amazing. I feel fortunate to have been able to help with this project, drive it for an event, and to help Max thru his plans to hopefully take on Rally America eventually.

I got 9th in P4 out of 18 competitors. I did badly on day 1 morning runs with my tire pressures too high and a car I hadn't raced in over 6 months. (2009 WRX). I am going to need to get new tires...oh and my list of "enhancements" to the car for next year is getting rather long. :)

Most of the people who won this year I expected to win. Subaru will be paying out a lot of contingency money which is nice to see.

No announcement on location of next years event aside from it being outside Colorado and not surprising after hosting 2 years in a row we honestly need a break.

I can honestly say that it doesn't feel like a National event as much as I would like. Its 90 percent local drivers and drivers I have met before. Its as much a national as the WCSS is a National or USMB meet. While its got a lot of members representing it, it doesn't have enough from the rest of the country.

Rupert Berrington took a bunch of photos and competed this year. Hes the Sportscar magazine photographer for the event. He used to run Colorado RallyX and this year he ran a Porsche and did pretty good I think he was in the top 3 in a car he had never driven before. He owns and used to race a 2002 WRX wagon.

Ken Cashion (ran CO RX until last year and is a huge volunteer for the group still along with helping manage the National event) ran his new Honda Civic SI and won M2 and also allowed a competitor to share the car with him and get a trophy as well. Car looks really poised. Previously he ran an EVO in M4 class and took 2nd last year at the National by a .0X amount that was ridiculous to lose by but all the same did.

Its going to be hard to hold a National with 73 cars somewhere else and thats probably why they ran it here again this year. The location is so solid, it holds up thru the runs very well with little to no Rake-shovel action between runs. Watering the course barely made a difference in times and the ground is stable here. Very dusty and sun harsh but a great place to hold it. It just stays so consistent and fair for all thru the event its hard to beat. As long as the land owners are happy with Rallycross I expect this venue to be used again in the next 5 years. Its central, solid, cheap, and right on I-25 which makes it super easy to find, hotel near, etc.

Hard to believe Max only took second. He's a fine driver and an Impreza coupe with the H6 motor really sounds competitive.

I understand a driver from the NW took 2nd in Stock AWD.

I'm too lazy to search for it; got a link to the results?

Thanks for the update.