Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hi all from another NW Loyale

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Naegling

Naegling

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Sweet Home

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:39 PM

Hi all -

I just purchased a 90 Loyale from BratClay thanks to this great site! He did an excellent job dropping a newer tranny in for me and a new clutch. She needs a new exhaust, but even as wrench-challenged as I am, I think I can figure that out.

I was driving a nice newer Ford Escape but the thing had NO soul. Electric Everything was getting on my nerves. My '90 Loyale is just what I wanted and we should have a lot of years and fun together!

As for my family - My wife knew before marrying me that a 1982 DL wagon was my first car and knew I always wanted another one. My son (10) thinks it's the coolest car ever, and my daughter (7) is ashamed to be picked up from school in it (just like I wanted- knock the entitlement syndrome down a bit...).

Kait, (my daughter) didn't even know what a manual window crank was... :confused:Kids these days.

Posted Image

Edited by Naegling, 09 December 2010 - 06:29 PM.

#2 Dogbone

Dogbone

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Charlottesville, VA

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:12 AM

Welcome to the board!

Fellow Loyale fan here, new to me '91 4wd 5MT wagon (my first Subaru as well).

Wow, that's a beautiful Loyale. Looks sharp.

How's the interior? Have any interior pics? :)

#3 Naegling

Naegling

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Sweet Home

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:27 PM

The hood needs re-shot with clear coat as it's peeling... but that's a minor thing to me. Needs a new muffler and the bumper straightened/raised (I figure I'll do it with the extrication tool at work... lol). I need a fan resistor too as only 3 and 4 work right now.

The interior is in pretty good shape for being a 20 year old 4x4 from the NW... I imagine its been rode hard and put away wet a few times. The back seat has a couple crayons ground in, and the front's are pretty dirty, but I think it adds to the character... :lol: Other than that, its in very good shape. Oh, the drivers seat belt is pretty frayed in one spot but still very functional, I'll be replacing that soon.

I'll see if I can get some pics up.

Here's a couple more of the exterior.

http://picasaweb.goo...gling/NewStuff#

#4 1982gl4

1982gl4

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,349 posts
  • Worcester, VT

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

Wow is that clean :slobber: You got yourself a fine automobile there!
Also, welcome aboard!
-SB

#5 Fuzpile

Fuzpile

Banned

• Banned
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:32 PM

Super welcomes.! Very nice and character indeed. Could I say thanks for your service without saying it? It was great about your little kid and I hadn't thought about that. Yeh cranks, gears and stuff. Nice machine.

#6 swampbrat

swampbrat

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Page Az

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:06 PM

Welcome to the board! Nice wagon , thats a funny story about your kid and the window:lol: , sounds like me showing my boys how to cue up a record! You guys in the great NW have it made. A friend of ours just moved up there today , we want to go visit her sometime - I told my wife we are going to fly one way so I can bring home another Subaru!:grin:

#7 kenpdx

kenpdx

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Ketchum, Idaho

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:09 PM

welcome from PDX. Nice ride! My 2nd and 3rd Soobs were Loyales and I loved 'em. Sold my 87 DL to my nephew for $100 with 279,000 miles. That one should keep embarrassing your daughter for years to come!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users