Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So crazy it might just work

diamondjumper

So I have this idea.... Anyone done/ heard of putting the gl10 suspension on a regular gl? I know everyone hates the air ride, but if you can bypass all that computer mumbo jumbo, and have it be a simple on/off, would it work? I am thinking about slamming my wagon to the ground, and if I put it on gl10 suspension, hypothetically I could have the bags be defleated, make my car slammed, then when I want to drive, just pump up the bags and it will give me 2" more of clearance... Any thoughts?

I am thinking about slamming my wagon to the ground, and if I put it on gl10 suspension, hypothetically I could have the bags be defleated, make my car slammed, then when I want to drive, just pump up the bags and it will give me 2" more of clearance... Any thoughts?

I was thinking the exact same thing just the day before your post, when I saw rob915's '86 GL turbo for sale with the suspension deflated. :cool:

Here's his sale thread:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=130319

and my post:

DSC01572.jpg
Not gonna lie... that thing looks pretty sweet dropped to the ground like that. :headbang:

Pick up a set of Enkeis or some other sport wheels with wider lower profile tires, drop it just a touch more in the front, and that's a mean street wagon!

People generally hate their air suspensions, and get rid of them as soon as they can, so you should be able to get the parts really cheap to do it. icon14.gif

People generally hate their air suspensions, and get rid of them as soon as they can, so you should be able to get the parts really cheap to do it.

This is generally because they leak, and you end up riding down the road with no suspension.

not to mention the damage to the damper portion of the struts done by driving around with no air in them.

also as you lower a car you should stiffen the springs, (to prevent bottoming out) the exact opposite happens with low air bags

Edited by zukiru