Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EG33 into an xt6-quick question regarding cooling

natext6

I'm at a bit of a crossroads.

I'm going to be doing an engine swap on my xt-6, and I'm investigating cooling system possibilities.

My issue, is that I currently need a new xt-6 radiator, as mine leaks.

So the question, do I buy a new Xt-6 radiator? or should I just hold off, and invest in an SVX radiator for the engine swap?

I don't know if the svx radiator will fit into an xt-6 in the same place as the stock one, or even if it could fit. Would an xt-6 radiator work for the EG33?

my current radiator isn't leaking terribly badly...yet. I just have to fill it from "low" up to "high" (markings on my coolant tank) every second time I fill my gas tank. It's definitely manageable for about another month or 2 (Maximum)

Waddayaguysthink? :grin:

Edited by natext6

you would want to try and stick with the XT6 radiator.

if you can't then you have to retrofit - which means you need to make sure there's height and width clearance, the lower mounts probably won't be the same, and the fan mounting holes will be different.

of course XT6 radiators aren't cheap so that's probably why you're asking? they are only available from Subaru.

Exactly! I also didn't know if there would be compatibility issues or something of that nature. I don't want to buy an xt6 radiator, only to discover I need one that fits an eg33.

Although, would that be any EJ22/EJ25d compatible radiator? seeing as an eg33 is essentially an ej22 with 2 more cylinders? :brow:

Will there be any performance or reliability issues if I use an xt-6 radiator for the EG33?