Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Parking light switch

Ok, so I have posted about this once before, but I really didn't get any particular answers. I have no taillights when the headlights are on. All other lights work (blinkers, brakes, reverse, etc). All fuses and fuseable links are good and there are no plugs disconnected. I broke off the parking light switch at one point and I think this is when I lost my taillights. I have a replacement on the way.

So my question is this: how do I bypass the switch so that either I can manually turn on my taillights or turn them on with the headlight switch? This will be temporary only.

I cannot find the switch in my haynes electrical schematics, so I have no way to tell which wires are what on the harness. If there is a pinout diagram or something that I am missing, help me out.

Thanks

Ea82?

It's just a single pole single throw switch. Hot pin in the middle. When you rock the switch one way, it gives power to the tail lights directly (to kill your battery), and the other way puts the tail lights through the ignition circuit.

When mine broke I just twisted the two wires together to make it come on with ignition. Worked till I got it fixed.

I can't remember off the top of my head if the right or left one is through ignition, but test it. Short the middle to the right wire, then the middle to the left wire.See which ones makes it go on and off with the key.