Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Quick question: 2012 Outback model

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,995 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

Took my friend (that wrecked her Kia) into Subaru today...

First drove a '11 Legacy 3.6R which she loved the room and the power behind it... :clap:

Talking to the sales guy, decided payments on a 3.6R were gonna be a bit high and went with a normal Legacy, then eventually because of 2 70lb PUPPIES decided to check out a 2012 Outback... she basically fell in love... It was really nice, the back up camera is 1080i! and the turning radius... wow... thats tight lol.

ANYWAY, to the question... The Outback is still the 2.5 H4 (unless you get the H6 3.6R version) so Subaru has the updated HG to stop the HG leakage... BUT have they incorporated that in the cars from the factory now? Like will the 2.5L thats in this Outback have headgasket issues down the road for her or should it have the updated gasket? Basically Ive told her that her first major repair will probably be the timing belt at 105K... but is there going to be a HG failure?

Oh and the CVT is amazing. Couldnt get any wheel spin on 2 wheels on gravel and 2 wheels on pavement... This is why I recommend a Subaru to everyone... Im soooo giddy haha :headbang: :clap: :popcorn:

#2 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,995 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Bump. Anyone know?

#3 ferox

ferox

King of the Echo People

• Members
  • 889 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

ANYWAY, to the question... The Outback is still the 2.5 H4 (unless you get the H6 3.6R version) so Subaru has the updated HG to stop the HG leakage... BUT have they incorporated that in the cars from the factory now? Like will the 2.5L thats in this Outback have headgasket issues down the road for her or should it have the updated gasket? Basically Ive told her that her first major repair will probably be the timing belt at 105K... but is there going to be a HG failure?

I think the HG problem is history. If there is a problem with 2012 models, they are not old enough for anyone to know yet. My parents have a 2011 Lego CVT and love it, no problems. They recently drove it to the Dakotas and Northern Mexico without incident. With the CVT they average about 32 mpg. There were a couple factory recalls that were remedied easily, but the 2012 models probably don't have those issues.

#4 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,995 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

Whoa. The sticker said 22 city 29 hwy which could change after the first 1000 miles...

If it goes up to an AVERAGE of 32, I think my friend will be sold on it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users