Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lifted 2005 2.5i Wagon

Howdy!

I have a 2005 Legacy 2.5i, 5-speed wagon that I have plans to lift. My intention is to purchase lifted OB King Springs with a set of rear "saggy butt" spacers. I was also considering the body lift blocks from an OB. I would also be upgrading the camber bolts and any worn bushings to be replaced with poly bushings. KYB OB struts/shocks and new top hats will also be purchased. Is there anything I should be considering or am forgetting?

I also plan to outfit it with Primative skid plate set and fabbed front light bar (4-tab with a provision for a CB antenna) and rear hitch mounted tire carrier.

Other upgrades will inclade CB, upgraded stereo, additional guages, BF Goodrich ATs, rally mudflaps and lower body bedliner repaint.

This will be an on-going project (as they all seem to be) and needed repairs (HVAC issues, inoperable rear wiper and a few other odds and ends) will need to be completed first. This vehicle will be primarily built for the awful roads around here and some light to moderate off-roading. (Still cheaper than buying a new one!)

Again, if I am forgetting or should there be better alternatives, I am open to suggestions as my experiences are with a heavily modified Explorer, a Neon rally car and a Jeep Speed Challenge Cherokee, never an AWD or a Subaru.

Thanks!

2112 :brow:

• 2 weeks later...

Well if you're doing just an ob lift with the ob body blocks, I'm sure the brake lines will be ok but I'm not sure about the steering shaft. Might have to get one from an ob but I actually haven't ever body lifted one so I'm not for sure. You could get a d/r imported for it but that's a bit pricey, and the low range for the ej cars is... really only good for taking off up a steep road from a dead stop in the city, no real crawl capabilities like the older EA82 d/r 5spds. But I think you could get the d/r from the older trans machined to fit into the ej d/r box. That'll make a great all-weather, rough road car. The king springs will help with ride height, I had a '96 Outback with kings, think I got 1 3/4" in the front and 2" in the rear with the 3/4" spacers. Could really load it down with wood and it wouldn't squat like it did before.

The Outbacks DO come with a 4.11 final drive, which does make a difference offroad. My Outback with the stock size tires could do everything my 5spd d/r could do. Your Legacy is probably a 3.9 final drive.