Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Car ran out of fuel today

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,719 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

I ended up putting fuel back in it I did clear the code because I had misfires on all 4 so now I will get the same misfire on all 4 or maybe 1 or 2, I know what misfires feel like but it's throwing codes without me feeling any misfires.

I did not get around to clearing the ECU by the way of pulling the battery cable just yet.

I was just curious if anyone else had this issue?

#2 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,835 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

I'd try a new fuel filter.
The ECU is detecting change in the speed of crankshaft rotation to determine when a misfire occurs. It may mean that it's not misfiring but perhaps just not firing as well as it should. It could also be happening only at higher RPM if the engine is starting to starve of fuel.

Could have got some water in the gas as well. Especially if you used an old gas can, or borrowed one from the shady gas station that you had to walk to. :-p

Maybe a bottle of Heet first, and some fresh gas from a reputable station?

#3 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,719 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Well crap I think the car trying to idle when low on fuel caused another issue..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users