Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

xt6 pressure plate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 2.5LOYALE

2.5LOYALE

ASE...Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • NW WA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

I got a 2.5l in my 92 4wd loyale. I am now on my 2nd throw out bearing. My clutch setup is a xt6 pressure plate and disc. With a loyale throw out bearing. This setup does good for about 2 months but then the throw out bearing starts to chirp and the bearing follows its lead.... my clutch is also stiff. I have adjusted the clutch to no avail. I am also getting a lil shutter on clutch engagement in 2 wheel and 4.. I'm am just curious if anybody runs this setup or if I'm overlooking something..

My plan is to run an xt6 throw out bearing. But I'm.not sure its any different? If so where is a good supplier Thanks guys and girls any help its appreciated .

#2 El Presidente

El Presidente

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • Northgate/Seattle, WA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

IIRC it should be the same as a normal EA82 throwout bearing, but if you can't find a solution, just run EA82 4wd wagon clutch parts, but make sure your flywheel is ground to xt6 spec. Thats what I'm running, granted I have an EJ22, but it should be more than enough for an EJ25. I daily drive mine on 31's and I never have slippage issues, even offroad. 

Josh

#3 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,038 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Resurface your flywheel, and have the step set to .815

Use an EA82 4wd clutch.  Most suppliers have supeceded to the same parts for EA82 4WD and XT6 clutches.  OEM used different, but now Exedy, Valeo, Sachs.......have all switched to the same parts for both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users