Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tan Interior Cleaning Product? 2000-2009

The light tan seats seem to pick up dirt very easy and I've seen what looks like water stains on the materials as well.  Have you found a good cleaning product for the interior tan materials?

Thanks Larry

I like to detail cars so there are a couple of alternatives to use. One of my favorite cleaning methods for interior cloth seats is to use about a 1/8 cup of Woolite or the generic of it from the dollar store to a gallon of water. Use a terry cloth towel with mostly of the cleaning solution squeezed out of it so the towell is a little wet and gently rub over the seats. Use an extractor like a shop vac or carpet/upholstery cleaner to extract the water out of the seats. I use a Little Green Clean Machine, it works great for extracting the cleaning solution out of seats and carpets. If the stain didn't come out, I repeat the process. This works well for general stains, but there are precautions to take if working with more severe stainging, such as the car I did that was badly stained with lots of coffee and that colored sugar candy stuff that kids like to eat. Stains from coffee, ink and dyes can run and most of the time do. I fill a cheap spray bottle with the cleaning solution and spray just a little right on the stain and extract it straight, no rubbing it around or it will spread, typically I will repeat this several times.

I have found the foaming upholtery cleaner in a can will attract dirt after having been used. You also might consider using a fabric guard to help prevent from future staining.  There are auto detailing forums that can give you more insite to this, but they usually try to sell commercial products that are pricy.

Travis

• Like 1