Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

93 Loyale Front Speaker Wiring

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MR_Loyale

MR_Loyale

Loyale before Loyale was cool.

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Does anyone have the correct wiring diagram for the front door speakers in a 93 Loyale sedan? I traced back the wiring for the rear speakers (which I don't have) and they appear to have two wires for each speaker.  However I cannot determine which wires are for the front speakers. After eliminated the power wires etc there are only three wires and none of them matcch the diagram in my Haynes book.

My new radio unit requires each speaker to have two seperate wires. Short of taking the door apart, I don't know how to determine which wires are running the front speakers in the doors.

Edited by MR_Loyale, 12 May 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#2 ford'ssubaru's

ford'ssubaru's

USMB is life!

• Gold Subscribers
  • 177 posts
  • SPOKANE

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Look on the older subaru's section under common ground or you can click on my thread asking this same question almost a month ago.  The author of the common ground explains in detail even diesel mechanic will understand. 

#3 MR_Loyale

MR_Loyale

Loyale before Loyale was cool.

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Ok. I took the door panel off anyway. Took the opportunity to lube the parts for the automatic windows, they work much better. Looked at your thread asking the question and just one thing. I found the pink connectors and since I had the door panel off I traced the negative to the white wire, not the blue. Also found out that the rear doors have the physical mounts and space for speakers, they were just never added.

I will just cut the the other pink connector side and splice into it there. This will ensure each speaker has two distinct wires going to it. I doubt I will ever be installing any stereo in the future that will require me to revert to the old wiring.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by MR_Loyale, 12 May 2013 - 07:39 PM.

#4 ford'ssubaru's

ford'ssubaru's

USMB is life!

• Gold Subscribers
  • 177 posts
  • SPOKANE

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

We just finished a nice 92 loyale sedan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users