Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ swap

92loyale59

Superior Subie and Imports on McGloughlin

503-880-4084

He's known on this board as General Disorder and definitely knows his stuff. If it can be done with a Subie, he's done it, if it can't be done, he'll try to figure out a way to make it possible.  Last time I was at his shop he actually had the swap you are asking about in progress.

I've never done anything like that but from what I understand, it's rarely a quick and easy thing like that. It's not a simple bolt in,plug in the wiring and go sort of thing. WIth swapping different EJ series engines, the wiring is often close enough that it's not a major production, but in moving from an EA to an EJ, you need a whole new wiring harness in the car.

I suppose if you had enough money to throw at it GD or someone else with a shop could hire the appropriate help and bust it out in a hurry, but for what you'd spend, you'd be able to  just buy an older Legacy anyway. 

Edited by chaz345

I am in Corvallis, OR 

I also do EJ swaps, I have an OBD I EJ22 setup ready to install. Adapter plates and flywheels in stock. Could be done very quick, not 2-3 days quick, but a week?  a few days to button up exhaust, radiator hoses, etc..... 

Not cheap, but reasonable.....PM me.

Haha I take it your the guy who called GD today? Nice, he does great work. I'm currently working for him and I've met no other mechanic that compairs to him yet. High respects.

It's Spendy but it's worth it, much more power.

-Prwa

GD is doing a car for me right now. He has been since October lol. I am still (kind of) patiently waiting. If you see him, tell him I'd really like to hear back from him.

I'll let him know, I take it it's the white wagon that been in the way for a while now haha...

I'll let him know, I take it it's the white wagon that been in the way for a while now haha...

Yeah he told me he had someone working for him now. And yes, it's the white wagon. It would be really great if he got back to me, I know he hasn't been online in a while.

And I have to add that I' much rather have it "in the way" here.

Edited by bratman18

Is their any one in wa that will do a wire harness trim with install instructions i am ready to gather up everything to do the swap right the first time have a 93 ej 22 car t rip apart to fix my 2 dr gl i love so much

Yup! GD and I do them. I'm pretty sure it's 250$ for obd1 an 200 for obd2 harnesses.

Superior Subie and Imports on McGloughlin

503-880-4084

Did you by chance mention to him that I was hoping to hear back from him? I'd call but I have nearly no service where I'm working.

Did you by chance mention to him that I was hoping to hear back from him? I'd call but I have nearly no service where I'm working.

Yeah I did, we've been swamped at the shop and that's why it hasn't gotten done. Now that I'm working there now were starting to catch up. It's having some wireing issues is what he said. I'll see if I can't get it ready for you, might have time after this tranny swap today to look at it. I'll talk to him more about it today.

-Prwa

Yeah I did, we've been swamped at the shop and that's why it hasn't gotten done. Now that I'm working there now were starting to catch up. It's having some wireing issues is what he said. I'll see if I can't get it ready for you, might have time after this tranny swap today to look at it. I'll talk to him more about it today.

-Prwa

Very much appreciated. As I said before I've been waiting since October! ! So I'd really like to have it soon. Thanks again

Edited by bratman18