Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No start condition - Out of ideas

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 ivans imports

ivans imports

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,928 posts
  • lumby bc canada

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

So when i get a ?abble diss I plug in anuther one right next to it with key on and manualy spin the diss and see if it fires the injectors or makes spark making sure cap and wires are on it thiss will tell me if diss is working. have seen many bad diss on ea82 engines drove me nuts back in the day also check were the coil bolts down is the ground for coil transistor i add a extra ground wire from - post to coil bracket. also the ea82 cars had a bad habbit of pulling on the brown realy wire harness under dash and just slightly puling conector off one side make shure is pluged in all the way and turns on with key thiss caused 4 no starts in one year and loyales get towed in for this often

#27 rain_man_rich

rain_man_rich

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

Ivan, great tips man. Thanks.

TomRHere, that link is just what the doctor ordered, thanks.

grossgary, I will follow your lead, much obliged.

The car was fully charged this morning.  I must have left something on the day before. I'll keep an eye on it.  Started up perfectly, ran perfectly (better than normal).  Guess I'll wait and see what tomorrow brings!  The daughter is taking the car on a 60 mile round trip later today I told her to call me if anything out of the ordinary occurs :)

Stay tuned...

Edited by rain_man_rich, 22 June 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#28 rain_man_rich

rain_man_rich

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

Found it!  The wiring harness was shorted out on the chassis.  More specifically it was a fuel injector wire after then dropping resistor.  That explains a bunch, especially after looking at the wiring diagram.  Thanks to all for the tips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users