Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Confirm these sway-bar bushings please.

Im about to register the Brat again, and want to have the front end in top condition. I've done everything except Sway-bar bushings, and control arm bushings. The control arm bushings were easy to find, but the sway bar bushings... not so much. On RockAuto they're not listed for an 84 Brat, so I did 84 GL and: RAYBESTOS Part # 5501026  IIRC there are 4 bushings and two different sizes, correct?

Thanks for the help in advance guys.

This is the one you are looking at. Note this: you can see above the bushing that the mounting surface has a notch. This is sometimes flat, depending I think on the year of the car. there are bushings that have the notch part on them. Since i can't find them, I have the flat ones in use, no problems.

IMG_0493_zps6b9acf90.jpg

This is what the front bushings look like :

IMG_0495_zps57619df4.jpg

• Like 1

Cheaper to make them here in UK (UK prices are just silly expensive - not that they're at all easy to get). See http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/136620-making-a-polyurethene-bush-or-bushing/

I have reviewed your thread a few times, and have contemplated doing as you have. The dilemma is that they aren't in good enough condition to cast a mold with.

heres better pics of what you are looking for- the ones on the top in the pic of 4. I have never been able to find new ones of these.  I know this seems a bit obyious, but did you call a dealership? I have been surprised more than once by these little old parts they still can get. Other than that, I grab them at the junkyards from time to time so I always have a spare set. ggod luck

IMG_0497_zps33f2444e.jpg

IMG_0501_zps82b5376a.jpg