Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Subaru owner, Introduction and question...

Hey all,
I just recently bought a 92 Loyale, AT, in exceptional condition aside from a leaky engine and sloppy suspension ;-P
Upon reading the suspension upgrade by BumbeBeast, He writes about using the 4runner front shocks, and accord front springs.
I'm wondering  if it'd be better to just use the 4runner shocks AND springs? I assume this'd lift the rear up a bit more than the 2" the accord springs would give, which is good by me.
Any suggestions or comments?  I'm down for other suspension suggestions than accord/4runner also.

Looking forward to learning a lot about my ride, and eventually swapping in the EJ (when my meager budget and time allow)

Yeah, My dad had an 85 GL wagon, which is essentially the same car, so I was stoked to get this old beater.. Just such a bummer they stuck us with such a bunk motor/tranny setup ;-\
I've talked the wife into the EJ22 AWD swap for next year...
Well, While we're here, where are you folks finding roof racks for the Loyale for an affordable price?

Rack doesn't have to be on a Subie, just has to be the same type of tower that can fit into a rain gutter type thing on the car, like this:

http://www.rackattack.com/product-pages/yakima-1a-raingutter-towers.asp

They come on lots of cars, and I think Thule makes something similar. Thin rubber 'wedge' toward the inside of the vehicle, and a thin hook/L-shaped metal piece that slips underneath the flashing/trim above the window.

• Like 1