Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Keeps blowing, and arcs when I put in a new one.

Figure its a ground short somewhere, but I have no idea where to start looking.

My stereo is aftermarket, but I did it myself and all the connections are solid. 

I have taken the center console apart and have double checked the wiring there and can't find anything.

The first time I replaced the fuse it lasted for a day or two, but blew again when I went over a bump, so maybe the harness in the engine compartment?

Any suggestions or advice is welcome.  Also, if you are in metro PDX or SW WA and wouldn't mind lending a hand, I am very happy to provide beer/ soda/ pizza etc.

TIA

Finding a short to ground in a line is one of the hardest things to do in automotive repair.  The first thing that I would do is to disconnect everything on that fuse, then take a ohm meter and see if you still have the short to ground.  If it is clear start plugging in each component that you have disconnected and recheck the readings to ground.  Remember that as you plug thing in you will see the resistance increase.  If it is still shorted to ground then you will need to start to inspect the wires.  I am betting that there is a loose wire somewhere that is grounding out.