Ultimate Subaru Message Board

3rd gen legacy interior parts

Hi everyone,

Anyone who has any ideas where to find some of the interior parts and trims except Subaru dealers and Ebay around Vancouver, BC? Dealers take long time to order and ask for stupid prices, ebay posts are too unreliable and 2nd hand part stores just don't have the interior parts. Anyone around parting out?

I'm specifically after the rear ashtray (dark grey) and the 2000-2002 wooden dash trim and cup-holder.

Thank you

That or find someone that is going to a salvage yard that can scavenge for you.  I'll be headed to my local haunt in the next couple of weeks and could look for you.  The parts shouldn't be too heavy, but that dash piece could be a little bulky for shipping.  

Is the dash piece you need this one:

ob4.jpg

(from this stereo replacement link http://www.butkus.org/subaru/outback_stereo/outback_stereo.htm)

yes exactly this! i'd need the cup-holder as well but like you said the dash panel is too bulky for shipping. I've got a 2003 legacy gt where they put the cup-holders next to the handbrake but its really inconvenient when i'm using the triptronic shifter, almost even knocked over coffee once=/ can you give me a shout or PM couple of days before you're headed?

I've seen two of those in the yards near me recently. Unfortunately both were shattered by idiots pulling the radios out.

That dash trim is so light, despite its size, it doesn't cost much to ship. But going from US to Canada might add a couple pennies.

I think Ivan's Imports is near Vancouver. Maybe he has one?

• 3 months later...