Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Braided brake lines

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Steve W.

Steve W.

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Santa Fe

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hi. Folks. Say, I'm workin' on my 88 GL 10T wagon, I did the five lug swap several years ago. I'm runnin' late model Legy twin pot calipers and rotors in the front, and have most every thing gathered to switch to Legacy in the rear. I figured this would be a good time to change to braided lines. Does anyone know of an affordable source for these lines? Don't have much cash to throw at it, but seems foolish not to, with all the other mods. Thanks much, Steve.

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,139 posts
  • WA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

Theres a few on line specialty shops out there, but you may pay a premium price.

I would try ebay.

#3 Steve W.

Steve W.

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Santa Fe

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

Any info. on what years and models of cars would I look for to fit my GL? S.

#4 presslab

presslab

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 867 posts
  • N. California

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

I bought a set of Goodridge hoses for a 02 WRX on eBay, and they fit with a few small mods.  This is with the stock calipers.

If I remember the rear fitting is different but it worked fine with a banjo bolt.  Sorry it's been a while...

#5 Steve W.

Steve W.

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Santa Fe

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

Thanks presslab, I've been shopping around, Summit has some pretty affordable. S.

#6 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,903 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

2000 to 2009 Legacy and Outback use a similar 2 pieces rear brake line setup like our cars do. You can get a set of stainless lines for a 2005 LGT and they should work with the setup you're wanting to run. I have the 2004 WRX rear brakes with 2000 Outback flex lines to go from the hard line mounted on the trailing arm to the caliper. No modifications required.

#7 marcusgl10z28

marcusgl10z28

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • tacoma wa

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

Not sure where yur located but there are shops that can use your fittings or new ones and custom make a set for you to bolt on. Price was good and quality was exceptional... the hose guy in tenino for instance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users