Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brumby Brat front brakes

I have  92 bRUMBY "Brat" with a ea82 turbo with RX rear disc brakes fitted . I want to fit the RX front calipers ,the mountings are different , has anyone any clues or done this before . Not sure if I can change the whole front strutt as the angle of the axle brake mounting section of the RX and also the L series appears different to the Brumby ,,Brat 

I looked at doing the same swap you are talking about on my brumby.....for about as long as it took to see that all the things you have noticed mean it won't work.....i ended up (importing and) swapping a set of XT6 5 stud hubs all round.

one thing i did line up to do was swapping the brake vacuum booster (but not the master cylinder) for a larger one off a legacy....this gives your right leg the equivalent power of a 400 pound gorilla when you tramp on the anchors....only reason i didn't swap boosters is because i scored a full XT6 hub set off a board member here

Not sure what an XT6 is  and did they fit straight on without any alterations . I think we have the same models in Aus as NZ   

Where did you import from ?       Thanks for the help 

Regards  ARJ

XT6 is a Vortex with the flat6 2.7 litre ER27 in it. Came out with EJ style 5 stud hubs.

The front hubs including the big cast iron structure you jam front wheel bearings into and bolt front strut to - compare MYEA81  to L Series EA82 by sitting them on something square - about 15 degrees difference in their upright stance. Complaints of achieving / \ this sort of camber on an EA81 if fitting EA82 hubs brakes etc. Also know of someone who reads in here, done in, no problems reported !

You'd think XT6 hubs would use same angle as L Series EA82 and give same ba camber result

• 4 months later...

Thanks think I'll stick to the standard struts and discs have a rx rear disc brake system and just fitted an imported EA82T motor I purchased as an import 4yrs ago ,kept the bore wd40 filled since; engine is like new no colouring of engine pipe perfect compression even timing belt was like new no residue inside covers .  ,brought a ea82t new never used 5 speed dual range box last year off ebay ,all fitted into a brumby - brat  with the legacy booster ,Only changed the dizzy so I could run the three plug ECU  not the 4 plug as the engine was originally fitted with also changed the throttle body to one from the 3 plug ECU .Three inch exhaust . Wow  runs very smooth, cold idle 1500 hot idle 800 Sounds great runs great stops great .Maybe not up to ej turbo but the as new ea82t is great . Running gear etc might be from the early 90s but as it is all as new runs like new . Now to strip and customise the the little fella   Now a  EA82T  fan    PS  runs a 7 to 10 psi boost adjustable mostly use the 7 psi