Ultimate Subaru Message Board

78 fuel pump wiring?

I traced out the white/red and it is in fact the brake mc reservoir sensor. Not sure why it branches out near the fuel pump but it does. I stabbed a pin in the two blue/white wires that go past the fuel pump and they are 12v switched with the ignition. The confusing thing is that they don't branch out of the harness anywhere near the fuel pump. Ideas?

Thanks for confirming. Since my car had the pump removed and a new one lying in the engine bay I'm assuming that's where it belongs, under the spare tire. The hose is cut for that placement as well. Sounds like I need to do more digging for where it comes out of the harness before I get impatient and start splicing!

• 8 months later...

That was a puzzler but I've tracked it down. The blue/white wire from the regulator went into a wrapped harness and seemed to come out as two blue/white wires against the firewall, except they were switched on with the key. I finally unwrapped the harness to figure out where the one wire became two. Turns out it didn't. The correct wire was cut short (or broken) and was buried in the harness. The other two wires come out of the firewall, something totally different. Now I'm a gallon of gas from finding out if I've got a runner!