Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm dreading the upcoming cold, so is my 2001 Subaru Legacy as it gets to about -50c or so here. This has led me to buy a Little Buddy Interior Car Warmer (900w). Anyone installed one before? It looks relatively straight forward in theory but I was wondering about best location to install and best spot to drill through the fire wall. Thanks!

I don't have one, but if you look around near the brake pedal you might find a good size (probably 1-1/4" dia) unused hole with a plug that might be perfect for passing the cable through. This plug existed on my '00obw. In the service manual it said it was for something like temporary routing for a transmission pressure gauge or other piece of test equipment and being able to watch it while driving.

I wonder if the case on that little buddy is grounded. I'm guessing it is since it has a grounded plug. That means wiring of the plug is critical to be correct because if the line hot is accidentally wired to the plug ground it may be possible to get electrocuted when touching the vehicle while standing on the ground.

Edited by porcupine73

I stuck it in today. I ended up drilling a hole on the passengers side and had lots of wire in the kit to make it the driver's front corner where everything else is plugged in. I took a couple pictures to show any other people interested but the camera died before I couple take the rest. I'll take more this week and post them.

• Like 1