Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No photos but I'm sure other Bajas have suffered from the same issue. The leather has split on the bolster on the driver's side and there is a section that is missing. It's about three inches long.

I think this is a common issue with all cars. I guess this happens from getting in and out of the vehicle.

I tried repairing it with some of that heatless leather/vinyl stuff I bought somewhere. Well it didn't work. So I tried gluing a patch over top of the missing leather. Well that eventually failed as well.

Anybody know of any long term fixes?

Find an auto upholstery shop. They can replace the whole section with a vinyl lookalike that won't wear as fast as leather. You'll be hard pressed to tell the difference, and it really doesn't cost that much to have one section repaired.

• Like 1

jseabolt,

A month ago I removed the seat from my 1990 300zx and took it to a local  automotive apholstery technician who works out of his home garage.

He was able to match the leather side bolster of driver's seat. Took him about a week to get the matching leather in, and an afternoon to replace the section. Total cost was $200 CDN.