Ultimate Subaru Message Board

well i got a HKS, i think, blow off valve today for free as well as alot of tubing and such.

my question is can i mount the BOV before the turbo, or does it have to be after the turbo and before the throttle body, and if thats the case who in the seattle ares knows how to weld aluminum good.

ok ya i think its a HKS sequantial one, its like a $260 part i got for free.

then does anyone in the seattle area weld aluminum good enough to weld the BOV onto my intake?

or does anyone want to trade me for another BOV that is smaller?

Later,

Shean

it needs to go in the plenum, between the turbo and the throttle body. The idea is to blow off that pressure that is pushing against the closed throttle plates, and prevent it from backpressuring agaist the turbine. One side goes to the plenum, the other side CAN go to the atmosphere, but it will confuse the computer, so best bet is to pipe the outlet into the intake BEFORE the turbo, then the little vacuum line goes to the intake manifold.

hey i got to bov thats are much smaller one is from a saab 9000

and the other a mazda something or other/ ford probe

and... they are the recirc kind that are meant to be used with maf sensor style systems

like the subaru

i will not need them since i will not have a maf soon

hell i'll trade ya bolth :)

the mazda/ford one has a bolt on type flange so just drill to holes and tap them for the bolts into that hunk of aluminum subaru uses between the turbo and the throttle body and drill the center hole that goes to the actual valve

then get a few fitting from home depot or what ever and put about a half inch barbed fitting in the small plastic can thats on the side of the rubber boot that is between the maf sensor and the turbo

run the recirc line off the blow off valve to that fitting

and plug tha vacum line somewhere below the throttle body and your all set

but thats only if you want it/them

:)

:edit: pretty much what hondasucks said

by change do you have a spare boost gauge? if you do ill trade you those for my BOV. im kinda leanin on keeping my BOV since i love the sound it makes, but i guess since all my other cars werent sleepers this one will be since no one would expect to be stamped by a old school subie. :banana:

Later,

Shean

ahh ok, then yes i will trade you. when can we meet up to trade, i will be at work, Aaron's tomarrow from 2pm to 5pm, then ill be driving my car home, or if i get the other turbo 86GL i will be at Silers lisencing then home.

Later,

Shean

PS, call me on my cell tomarrow after 10:45am and we can work out a meeting,

(206)-799-5926

you see i live in "longview" :) so it won't be until i can fund a excursion to seattle or we meet some where halfwayi don't have long distance until after 9:30 pm ish when i get to work i will dig around to see if i can find a calling card

i will hopefully soon be going up to seattle

eh we will figure something out :)