Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2017 Outback limited heated seats issue

I just purchased a 2017 Outback limited with heated leather seats. I had a 2011 GMC terrain with heated leather seats that were toasty warm. Both Outback bucket seats were barely warm. I took it to the service department to check it out & they said it was working fine which I disagreed with. They gave a number of excuses why it wasn't as warm as expected but none of them made sense. I need to know if the seat heaters are not putting out enough heat or is the lack of heat a standard for the outback seats.Disappointed! HELP!

COZCON 

Cozcon,

I've owned four OutBack Ltd's, a 97, an 02, an 07 and my present 2012. Only the 97 didn't have heated seats. The ones that did were more than adequate in the heating department, but it never came on gang busters like my 05 GMC Dually. Those heated seats will fry eggs by comparison, even at the lowest setting.

The Subie heated seats take longer to come up to temperature, perhaps 4 minutes, and by my experience never get as hot as the GMC's.. The GMC's took all of 30 seconds to come to temperature.

It may just take some getting used to on your behalf, or ... possibly they aren't working. Try another dealership and see what they say?