Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1993 Subaru Loyale: New Car Questions!

Hello, for the past two weeks, I've scanned Craigslist for a new car. Only requirements I've had are that it's cheap (under $1,000), and that it drives (I'll be doing an engine swap on whatever car I get anyway, but in the meantime, I want it to drive so I can move it with ease). Anyway, I've stumbled upon a 1993 Subaru Loyale 1.8L FWD for $700, and I hadn't heard of the Loyale prior to finding this listing. I instantly fell in love with the body design and knew that I'd want this car.

After doing some quick research, I've found that there isn't much of an aftermarket scene for this car. Most people tend to buy these cars for offroading or for a good daily in the winter months. Though, me being who I am, I have other plans. Ideally, I'd want to slam/camber the car, but no company makes aftermarket coilovers with camber plates. Not sure if there is another option that's available? Or if I'd just have to have them imported from Japan or something. 

I found this slammed Loyale on Pinterest, so I know that it has been done before. I just need to find out how. And no, I am not going to cut my springs, lol. Sorry.

*I am fairly new to the Subie scene, and have only been a car fanatic for a year now. If I sound completely idiotic, I'm sorry. I'm still learning, and I figured that this car would be ideal to start to learn how to do everything myself.

Thanks! Any help would be greatly appreciated.post-67465-0-24252200-1501200048_thumb.jpg

[EDIT] I have not purchased the car yet. I am purchasing the car tomorrow (Friday, July 27th, 2017). I am considering the 1993 Subaru Loyale, or a 1992 Subaru Legacy.)

Edited by Blitzfully

I'll have to start looking. I'll be doing an aggressive drop with a few negative degrees of camber, and eventually, I'll get around to an EJ25 swap. For now, I was just curious on how realistic it'd be to do a legitimate drop on a Loyale. Don't see too many that are lowered properly, so this should be fun.