Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

sluggish 93 legacy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dasoob

dasoob

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • okabena

Posted 06 September 2004 - 12:32 AM

I dont know if its anything to worry about but it seems when i let my 93 legacy sit overnite the next morning it seems a little sluggish when it first gets going...any ideas?

thanks
aa

#2 deiscient

deiscient

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Boston, MA USA

Posted 06 September 2004 - 10:26 AM

Well, I have noticed when my '93 is garaged for several days then

• The 4EAT hesitates when shifting from 2-3
  • The overdrive will not engage at all
  • The brakes are quite weak requiring extra foot pressure to stop adequately
  • The steering seems to have a little bit of "wander".
These conditions usually clear up in about 10 minutes of normal driving (about how long it takes me to reach the local freeway after leaving my house). Since the PS and trans. use the same fluid (Dexron II/III which may not perform well below 40 degrees C and optimizes at 80+/-) they will exhibit similar characteristics while warming up. Face it, these systems are all getting old and losing some of their resiliency. Personally, I am not relishing the idea of overhauling the transmission, brake booster or power steering system.

Is your engine idling rough? Feel like a cylinder or two not firing? Check your ignition wires and/or coil. I had these problems a while back and replacing these items made a night/day difference. Of course YMMV. Get a good mechanic if you do not trust your expertise (I still don't for many things :-).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users