Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Front accy pulley on 95 Outback. (2.5l)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 c150L

c150L

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • East Central Wisconsin

Posted 12 September 2004 - 09:22 PM

I'm looking for the accy pully for a 95 Outback with 2.5L engine. (Pulley and bolt) Anyone have one laying around? Would the one fit off the front of my 89 XT6? (Before it goes to the junk yard?) I need to fix a friends Outback.

Is that common for the pulley to strip like that? Oddly enough, I saw 2 yesterday. This Outback and a 91 Impresa at an auction. Both had the front engine pullies off and key had stripped the hole in the pully identically. (Vehicals from totally different parts of the country.)

#2 DerFahrer

DerFahrer

Formerly subyluvr2212

• Members
  • 2,417 posts
  • Orlando, FL

Posted 12 September 2004 - 09:56 PM

It happens all the time. Us 90-94 Legacy guys have horror stories long as your arm...

The problem is that people don't torque down the bolt enough. The Subaru manual calls for 80 ft-lbs I think, but it should really be 110 ft-lbs! :eek: After doing my timing belt, I heard some stories and actually went back and tightened my bolt down even harder, because I'd like to keep my crank from being torn to pieces, thank you very much :)

I'm sorry though, the pulley from your XT6 won't work. The pulley on EA-series engines doesn't touch the key, it only has a little ridge that holds onto the timing belt sprocket.

You might wanna ask in the Marketplace to see if anyone has a spare pulley... Also, try this place for used Subaru parts. www.4subarusuzukikiaparts.com

#3 c150L

c150L

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • East Central Wisconsin

Posted 13 September 2004 - 11:31 PM

Thank you for the info. As for the EA engines pully, that would explain one of my last EA82 timing belt capers where I did not remember finding a key connection to the pulley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users