Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Coolant flush at Lynn's Quick Lube

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TeamPanic

TeamPanic

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Kansas City

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:31 PM

I'm considering getting my coolant flushed/changed on my 99 Outback at Lynn's because I don't know how, i'm worried about not getting all of the air pockets out and stuff. Have you guys ever taken it to a place like this for a coolant flush and oil change? Is this a good or bad idea? The only subaru dealer is like 1.25 hours away and they charge an arm and a leg. Thanks for the help!

#2 sunflow99

sunflow99

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Alexandria

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:11 PM

TP, I just recently flushed my own coolant, there is a great article on here posted about 2 weeks ago about flushing and refilling. I think if you follow those instructions, and ask any specific questions on the board here, you should be fine. I have also found that some places do not refill the system correctly when I have taken my car to them, so you're not guaranteed anything. At least DIY, you can know exactly what you did, so if something does go wrong(heaven forbid), you can give the USMB specific details, which will help in diagnosing the problem more accurately.

Good Luck!

#3 Setright

Setright

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,176 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:11 AM

Do a search on the board for "coolant replacement". Unless you know yourself to be completely inept and unable to use a screwdriver, DIY is the best thing. Very few mechanics are careful with customer cars. Also, a non-Subaru outfit will not know what they're doing. These cars are not like the others :-)

If you don't want to DIY, and what peace-of-mind, pay the dealer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users