Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Electrical problems - yuk

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BJC

BJC

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • PHILLY

Posted 03 November 2004 - 01:11 AM

Hey all,

I've got an issue with my '99 Impreza Sport. I replaced the battery, though this just may be coincidental. After, I developed a problem where the hazzard lights blink intermittently without starting the car. I have to keep the battery disconnected when I'm not driving.

The dash lights flash as well. When I have the headlights on, everything is fine, so driving at night is OK. I hooked the car to another battery since the problem, and it's still blinking.

I thought maybe I did something to some wires when I was putting in the new battery, but the wires in the area around the battery look fine. I narrowed it down to which set of wires it was, but they look OK. The fuses all check out, too.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

BJC

#2 sea#3

sea#3

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Vancouver Canada

Posted 03 November 2004 - 01:50 AM

First everything is OK
Do you have the keyless transmitter ? just hit the disarm and the lights should stop flashing
If you don't have the transmitters ,look for a little black button on the left underside of the kneepad( drivers side )
Push the button in and turn the ignition to the on position , lights should stop flashing

SEA#3

#3 BJC

BJC

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • PHILLY

Posted 03 November 2004 - 09:07 AM

Hey thanks! That did the trick. I'd be curious what the purpose of that little mechanism is, aside from driving me insane....

#4 bajavwnsoobnut

bajavwnsoobnut

Insane Rally Freak

• Members
  • 3,789 posts
  • Milwaukie

Posted 03 November 2004 - 10:02 AM

it's part of the Keyless/security system and that if you have the transmitters you hit both buttons and it sets off a Panic alarm on the car and with the keyless it just blinks the parking lights and with the security system it adds in the alarm sound also

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users