Ultimate Subaru Message Board

right blinker causes gas & volt gauge to jump

Since I got the 88 gl10t the voltage guage has always pulsed when the right blinker is active. One day several weeks back I topped off the gas tank and it caused the gas guage to shoot straight up and stay there for a lot longer then it should have. I notice now when the gas guage is actually down below full that it will bounce back up to the top when I activate the right blinker.

Im assuming I have a short somewhere or a bad relay/switch somewhere???? Any input, experience, or ideas on where to start troubleshooting??

Thanks

I've seen the plugs on the blinkers, headlights etc. corode so bad that they didn't make good contact, but that wouldn't cause you to short out... i'd be looking for a general electrical ground, on the same curcuit as the marker light. If its not grounding right it'll make things all goofy. I watched my buddies mustang peg every engine electrical gauge cause he had a bad engine ground.