Jump to content

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

fuel tank lines Q

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 moshem74


    Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

  • Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 02:59 AM

subaru leone carbureted.
after the fuel tank-after the fuel pump-after the fuel filter - there is something that called 2-WAY VALVE.....what is this thing for? (it's looks like a very small fuel filter that his inlet and outlet pipes are in the same side).
also after this thing , there is something alse,it called FILLER TUBE ? what is the filler tube and why it's for?

i saw in the haynes repair manual but it does'nt say what they are for.

thank you all.

#2 ShawnW


    Subaru Master Technician

  • Administrator
  • 12,953 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 20 December 2004 - 07:41 PM

Filler tube is what it means, it is the big hose that runs from the fuel filler hole into the gas tank.

Not sure what the two way valve is but I haven't seen or heard of one going bad YET.

#3 archemitis


    guy smiley

  • Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 20 December 2004 - 07:46 PM

i take those things off when i do motor swaps. i thought they were just a shock obsorber to smooth out the pulses from the fuel pump. they are inline right off of the manifold, on EFI cars.not needed.

the best thing you can learn from a hayes, or a chilton, is that they make better kindling than they do a manual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users