Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

how I cleaned up foggy legacy lenses

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aa8jz

aa8jz

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • whitehall michigan

Posted 04 January 2005 - 10:32 PM

Both my son and daughter had foggy headlight lenses on their Legacy (1990).
Junk yard units were all funky yellow. New was real costly. ($200 + per side)
After a search on this site found a fellow recommending wiping lenses with a rag soaked in brake fluid. Real good improvement. You'll wonder where the yellow went. Still left something to be desired though.
Found 30 micron silicon carbide paper. Real smooth. 3000 grit or so maybe. Wet sanded front surface and it got sort of hazy. Then got Ultra Brite tooth paste on damp rag and went after each lenses for about 15 minutes. Great results. Prior to this never had anyone flash me with those high beams locked on. Now oncoming drivers are p.o.'ed if we don't dim 'em. Cheap and easy.
rick
w mi

#2 LosDiosDeVerde86

LosDiosDeVerde86

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Columbus

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:07 PM

Both my son and daughter had foggy headlight lenses on their Legacy (1990).
Junk yard units were all funky yellow. New was real costly. ($200 + per side)
After a search on this site found a fellow recommending wiping lenses with a rag soaked in brake fluid. Real good improvement. You'll wonder where the yellow went. Still left something to be desired though.
Found 30 micron silicon carbide paper. Real smooth. 3000 grit or so maybe. Wet sanded front surface and it got sort of hazy. Then got Ultra Brite tooth paste on damp rag and went after each lenses for about 15 minutes. Great results. Prior to this never had anyone flash me with those high beams locked on. Now oncoming drivers are p.o.'ed if we don't dim 'em. Cheap and easy.
rick
w mi

you can buy a healight de-fogger kit for 30 bucks with about 6 applications. it also shines faded rubber and plastic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users