Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WRX AEM Cold Air Intake?

Caboobaroo

I'm buying a AEM CAI in hopes of it fitting onto my TD04 when I get it in the RX. Does anyone know if it'll fit? If it would, how much would I have to modify it to work? Let hope it does cause its blue and the motor is blue and everything else is blue....on my black car:D

Oh and on a side note, I also have a GReddy Profec B-Spec II EBC coming as well... can't beat 200 bucks shipped I think:D

I'm buying a AEM CAI in hopes of it fitting onto my TD04 when I get it in the RX. Does anyone know if it'll fit? If it would, how much would I have to modify it to work? Let hope it does cause its blue and the motor is blue and everything else is blue....on my black car:D

To tell you for sure, I would have to see tha CAI.. But my guess would be no. The wrx intake hose runs straight out from the turbo, under the intake manifold befor it turns toward the fender.

On our cars, there is very little clearance between the turbo inlet and the inatke manifold. all four TD04 installs that I have seen(my own included) have used a tight 90 elbow off the turbo, then the intake boot pointed toward the fender from there.

Oh and on a side note, I also have a GReddy Profec B-Spec II EBC coming as well... can't beat 200 bucks shipped I think:D

Yes, we know. You have included that tidbit of information in every post for the past two weeks ;)