Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EZ lifting on a 92 Loyale

Couple questions. I know you can swap the rear springs on my loyale with Honda Accord springs. But, I dont know what year accord, or from what end of the car they're from. Also, is there a similiar swap for the front of my loyale? I'd like to do this instead of lifting my car, because this is my daily driver. Thanks for any input/suggestions.

The springs come from the front of an 96-89 Accord. I'd recomment NOT using springs from an LX-i model, as the LX-i ones are stiff enough to shake your fillings out. The other ones will still be plenty stiff.

There is no easy way to do a suspension lift in the front without affecting your camber. I'm sure other people will follow up with ways to do it.

you can slot the bolt holes in your strut towers to regain some camber when you do a suspension lift. To do a suspension lift in the front without welding you need to find a longer spring to fit in your strut. Other possibilities are to make a lift block on top of the strut to push it down. Or you could find udjustable struts from an 85-86 GL wagon, and crank em all the way up. You might need to modify the adjustable struts depending on how much lift you want. either way you will have noticeably increased wear on the cvs. Its a factor you should weigh in before you decide to do a suspension lift.