Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ventilation Panel Lighting?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DrainBung

DrainBung

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • MD USA

Posted 29 August 2003 - 07:28 AM

New to Subaru's but so far I'm really impressed. I just picked up a 95 Legacy Wagon AWD. Are the ventilation buttons supposed to be lit up when the lights are on? If so, I imagine the drink holder has to be removed first in order to start gaining access to the back of the ventilation panel. Any tips, bulb size (if they are supposed to be lit) or warnings? Thanks in advance, I'm impressed by the wealth of information on this board.

Thanks,
Bob

#2 Hocrest

Hocrest

Function becomes Fun

• Members
  • 1,346 posts
  • Cressona/Pittston

Posted 29 August 2003 - 07:41 AM

Here is a link to a page with instructions on how to do the fix.
http://www.randomsou...panelbulbs.html

You can get replacement bulbs at the dealer, I don't think they were any more than $5. There are 3 bulbs in there that can be replaced at the same time, 2 short and 1 long. The dealer I went to didn't have to look them up, just went right to the shelf and grabbed them. Or, you can get some leds and replace them on the bulb bases once you take them out.

I did the fix the other month, pretty easy, I cleaned all the coffee, soda, dust etc. out of all the panels while I had it all apart.

btw, I don't want to take credit for writing the instruction page, I just have it bookmarked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users