Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Worth it?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Phishphan59

Phishphan59

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Huntington

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:56 AM

I was considering bidding on this brat http://cgi.ebay.com/...ssPageName=WDVW

what do ya guys think

#2 elcaminokurt

elcaminokurt

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Owatonna, MN

Posted 14 March 2005 - 01:19 PM

Man, that thing looks cherry! BUT, pictures can be deciving. So, my advice to potetial ebay vehicle buyers to to make sure to check the vehicle out in person before bidding. That way, you can hear it run, maybe drive it, see what the underbody looks like. Play it safe and don't get stung! Good luck, Kurt

#3 Ross

Ross

Can't be bothered

• Members
  • 1,865 posts
  • Christchurch, New Zealand

Posted 14 March 2005 - 07:41 PM

WOW! That looks mint. Seems a little odd that the turbo had to be replaced with such low mileage. I would definately want to see it in person if i were buying it. if its in as good condition as it looks it would be a good buy IMO.

#4 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Bremerton, WA, USA

Posted 14 March 2005 - 07:43 PM

Looks a little "too good" i tend to get nervous the cleaner the car is, especially if its 20 years old

#5 bushbasher

bushbasher

exhaust fume addict

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • Sooke B.C. Canada

Posted 14 March 2005 - 10:57 PM

It looks quite nice, if it's been garage kept, only driven occasionally and taken care of, the condition doesnt surprise me. The seller will probably want a deposit, but dont give full payment till you've looked at it in person. Look for evidence of a respray, chipped paint on the fender and door bolts indicating that they were removed, bondo. If you get some bad signs like that, it could mean accident damage or rust coverup.

#6 Phishphan59

Phishphan59

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Huntington

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:20 PM

WOW! the bid is up to 3,800

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users