Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone in Memphis, TN? -help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ac30treb

ac30treb

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • St. Louis, MO

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:44 PM

Hey Everyone,
My brother's '91 Loyale broke down in Memphis. He's going to school down there and usually I'm the guy to head up fixing his Sube. (although it hardly ever needs fixing)

The Loyale left him stranded last night, and since then, we've just been reading up on troubleshooting the problem.

If any of you live in Memphis and feel like helping out a fellow subie owner with a repair, that would be perfect!

Or, if anyone knows of a good (affordable) repair guy in Memphis, fill us in.

Thanks.
Gabe
'99 Impreza
'01 Forester

#2 Wasteland

Wasteland

I am Evil Homer!

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Western Slope

Posted 18 March 2005 - 05:08 PM

I'll be in Cordova/ Germantown in a month, if you don't get it by then I can take a look while I'm there.

#3 ac30treb

ac30treb

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • St. Louis, MO

Posted 18 March 2005 - 10:00 PM

Cool.
He had it towed to his apartment today. He popped off the distributer cap and found that the rotor isn't spinning when he turns over the motor. Timing belt?

I think I'm going to make it down to help him out in about 3 or 4 weeks. If we're down there at the same time, and you want to stop by, that would be cool. I haven't changed a timing belt before so any expertise will be appreciated.

I'll PM you if it looks like the timing will work out.
Thanks.
Gabe

I'll be in Cordova/ Germantown in a month, if you don't get it by then I can take a look while I'm there.

#4 Wasteland

Wasteland

I am Evil Homer!

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Western Slope

Posted 18 March 2005 - 10:14 PM

Rad, I'll be in town the 20th thru the 26th of April. We have a wedding to go to that weekend but if it works out maybe we can hook up on Thursday or Monday.
I've only done one timing belt replacment but it's pretty straight forward, just need basic tools and a timing gun. Also a good time to to do cam seals, tension pullys and water pump.
If the timing works PM me your contact info.

#5 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,534 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 18 March 2005 - 11:23 PM

www.warpthree.com/milesfox/subaru/service/timingblet.htm

print this out and take it with you! easy instructions for on-site repair of the timing belts

#6 ac30treb

ac30treb

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • St. Louis, MO

Posted 20 March 2005 - 01:23 PM

Thanks Milesfox. The info page looks great. I had to change "timingblet" to "timingbelt" in the link. -info for anyone else wanting to access the page.

Where do you guys like to get your parts? I'll probably replace all of the belts and maybe the waterpump.

This will probably be a big job for me, but I think we'll get it fixed.
Thanks again.
Gabe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users