Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone in Memphis, TN? -help

Hey Everyone,

My brother's '91 Loyale broke down in Memphis. He's going to school down there and usually I'm the guy to head up fixing his Sube. (although it hardly ever needs fixing)

The Loyale left him stranded last night, and since then, we've just been reading up on troubleshooting the problem.

If any of you live in Memphis and feel like helping out a fellow subie owner with a repair, that would be perfect!

Or, if anyone knows of a good (affordable) repair guy in Memphis, fill us in.

Thanks.

Gabe

'99 Impreza

'01 Forester

Cool.

He had it towed to his apartment today. He popped off the distributer cap and found that the rotor isn't spinning when he turns over the motor. Timing belt?

I think I'm going to make it down to help him out in about 3 or 4 weeks. If we're down there at the same time, and you want to stop by, that would be cool. I haven't changed a timing belt before so any expertise will be appreciated.

I'll PM you if it looks like the timing will work out.

Thanks.

Gabe

I'll be in Cordova/ Germantown in a month, if you don't get it by then I can take a look while I'm there.

Rad, I'll be in town the 20th thru the 26th of April. We have a wedding to go to that weekend but if it works out maybe we can hook up on Thursday or Monday.

I've only done one timing belt replacment but it's pretty straight forward, just need basic tools and a timing gun. Also a good time to to do cam seals, tension pullys and water pump.

If the timing works PM me your contact info.

Thanks Milesfox. The info page looks great. I had to change "timingblet" to "timingbelt" in the link. -info for anyone else wanting to access the page.

Where do you guys like to get your parts? I'll probably replace all of the belts and maybe the waterpump.

This will probably be a big job for me, but I think we'll get it fixed.

Thanks again.

Gabe