Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Alloy wheels

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Downbound

Downbound

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Merrickville, Ontario

Posted 25 March 2005 - 12:32 PM

99 forester ...Getting ready to change back to summer tires and when I went to check them I found they had all leaked down over the winter 2 had no pressure, 1 had 10lbs and 1 had 15lbs, I understand that this can be a problem with alloy wheels as I was topping them up about every 3-4 weeks during the summer but this is the first year that i ran snows on the car so they sat all winter. Should i look at having the tires taken off and rims cleaned up before reinstalling them and if i do that is there anything else i should have done...new valve stems??? thanks

#2 Scottbaru

Scottbaru

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • Holland

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:26 PM

There are various sealers that can be put on the rim before the tire is mounted. I asked for it when I had tires put on my Audi, they didn't do it, I've been back four times with leaky tires needing sealant put on the rim. It seems to help with the corrosion from salt getting trapped in between the rim and rubber.

#3 Downbound

Downbound

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Merrickville, Ontario

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:47 PM

Thanks...I will definately make sure to insist that they use sealer when reinstalling the tires..

There are various sealers that can be put on the rim before the tire is mounted. I asked for it when I had tires put on my Audi, they didn't do it, I've been back four times with leaky tires needing sealant put on the rim. It seems to help with the corrosion from salt getting trapped in between the rim and rubber.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users