Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

98 Forester alarm goes nuts randomly!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dross

dross

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Redmond

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:30 AM

My 98 Forester's alarm has started going nuts at random intervals. The alarm goes on and off over and over again, in random bursts. I can re-lock it with the remote but then it starts up again. It can do this for a little while and then sometimes it decides it's not fun to do this anymore and just stops.

This has started happening more and more frequently. Last night it happened at like 3:00am in the morning. I'm writing this on a very bad night's sleep... I went out and drove the car around a bit -- that didn't seem to help. I finally got the wise idea to just leave it unlocked, and that worked.

Anyway, any thoughts on what's going on here? I just got a new radio installed but the alarm was definitely acting up before that time. I also happened to drain my battery the other day playing around with the new radio with the car off. I got a jump and now the car starts no problem. But perhaps that's my problem -- low battery? My battery is the original one from 98.

Any ideas?

Dave

#2 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,563 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 20 April 2005 - 01:12 PM

I doubt that the problem with the alarm is due to a low battery but I may be wrong. I would definitely get a new battery. You are living on the edge with that one. The Sears Gold series will last you a long while. Perhaps a new battery will fix this problem and that would take care of two things at once. Sometime down the line the current battery is going to let you down and it may be at a time when you don't need a problem so I would take care of it while you can.

If a new battery doesn't cure the alarm problem then I would suspect that one of the alarm switches is causing this problem. You could try bypassing them to see if you can find the problem that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users