Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

92 loyale low oil pressure and rpms

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jimbo

jimbo

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • eagle county

Posted 22 April 2005 - 01:47 PM

hello everyone- my 92 loyale was running fine until I drove over the pass yesterday when I noticed the oil pressure begin to flucuate a lot, when I pressed the gas it would increase and let off decrease. It would drop down to a about 1/4 up from 0 when driving wihtout pressing the gas. When I stopped the rpms would only idle at about 400 and the oil pressure was uncomfortably low. The oil level is near full and was not above full. I let the car sit for a few hours and I started it up and everything went back to normal. After about five minutes of driving, the same symptoms occured. Same thing happened this morning. Any ideas from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks jim

#2 mdjdc

mdjdc

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,307 posts
  • Richmond

Posted 22 April 2005 - 02:31 PM

What you are experiencing is completely normal. The pressure is dependant on the rpms of the engine since the pump is driven off the timing belt. Unless you are hearing lifter noise I wouldn't worry.

#3 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:27 PM

Also be aware of the fact that the factory gauge sucks. A reading of 0 on that gauge at idle is perfectly normal according to the manual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users