Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WTF have I done now?

WoodsWagon

I got the struts in, and all the bolts except the 2 that stripped, and put the wheels on and lowered it down. The only problem is that the front wheels lean outwards at the top-2degrees on the pass. side, 3.5 degrees driver side. I put the strut cap extenders in right according to the markings on them, but maby they were marked wrong? I don't think the camber is supposed to have the wheels leaning out. It must be something I did, everything that's gone wrong so far has been, I just can't figure out what I did.

I don't think the camber is supposed to have the wheels leaning out.

They are supposed to have camber like that to a point. The lift and/or big tires may make it look more pronounced, but the the car was like that stock.

Also, if it's been on stands and you just set it on the ground, it'll exaggerate the camber. Once the suspension gets cycled [by driving etc] it'll settle down a bit.

I got the struts in, and all the bolts except the 2 that stripped, and put the wheels on and lowered it down. The only problem is that the front wheels lean outwards at the top-2degrees on the pass. side, 3.5 degrees driver side. I put the strut cap extenders in right according to the markings on them, but maby they were marked wrong? I don't think the camber is supposed to have the wheels leaning out. It must be something I did, everything that's gone wrong so far has been, I just can't figure out what I did.

SO you got it lifted YES! lets see a photo!

This is normal \ / for your car now!

So.. with a bit of a suspension work out the camber will correct itself a bit? I think I can arrange that :grin:

I'm sure you can! But I'm guessing you lowered the car offa stands and right off the camber is wacky. Right? Drive to the end of the driveway and back and it'll be fine. Or can the car not move yet?

I'l retighten all the bolts afterwards though. still have to get those 2 bolts in somehow, and the steering linkage isn't quite right.

Which bolts? What's wrong with the linkage?