Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

WTF have I done now?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 WoodsWagon

WoodsWagon

Formerly 91Loyale

• Members
  • 3,948 posts
  • NH

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:03 PM

I got the struts in, and all the bolts except the 2 that stripped, and put the wheels on and lowered it down. The only problem is that the front wheels lean outwards at the top-2degrees on the pass. side, 3.5 degrees driver side. I put the strut cap extenders in right according to the markings on them, but maby they were marked wrong? I don't think the camber is supposed to have the wheels leaning out. It must be something I did, everything that's gone wrong so far has been, I just can't figure out what I did.

#2 singletrack

singletrack

EA Abuser

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Palisade, Colorado

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:14 PM

I don't think the camber is supposed to have the wheels leaning out.

They are supposed to have camber like that to a point. The lift and/or big tires may make it look more pronounced, but the the car was like that stock.

Also, if it's been on stands and you just set it on the ground, it'll exaggerate the camber. Once the suspension gets cycled [by driving etc] it'll settle down a bit.

#3 dustyrider

dustyrider

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Palisade

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:21 PM

I got the struts in, and all the bolts except the 2 that stripped, and put the wheels on and lowered it down. The only problem is that the front wheels lean outwards at the top-2degrees on the pass. side, 3.5 degrees driver side. I put the strut cap extenders in right according to the markings on them, but maby they were marked wrong? I don't think the camber is supposed to have the wheels leaning out. It must be something I did, everything that's gone wrong so far has been, I just can't figure out what I did.

SO you got it lifted YES! lets see a photo!

This is normal \ / for your car now!

#4 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,424 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:30 PM

if it does not relax by driving , you can always grind the inside of the lip where it catches a bit .http://www.ultimates...s/strutlift.jpg
this should help you out.....

#5 WoodsWagon

WoodsWagon

Formerly 91Loyale

• Members
  • 3,948 posts
  • NH

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:46 PM

So.. with a bit of a suspension work out the camber will correct itself a bit?
I think I can arrange that :grin:
I'l retighten all the bolts afterwards though. still have to get those 2 bolts in somehow, and the steering linkage isn't quite right.

#6 singletrack

singletrack

EA Abuser

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Palisade, Colorado

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:30 AM

So.. with a bit of a suspension work out the camber will correct itself a bit? I think I can arrange that :grin:

I'm sure you can! But I'm guessing you lowered the car offa stands and right off the camber is wacky. Right? Drive to the end of the driveway and back and it'll be fine. Or can the car not move yet?

I'l retighten all the bolts afterwards though. still have to get those 2 bolts in somehow, and the steering linkage isn't quite right.

Which bolts? What's wrong with the linkage?

#7 P K

P K

Devil Dog Liaison

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • Omicron Persei Diego

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:47 AM

PM me or email a good time to call you . Sounds like we need to verify some issues. Sorry you're having a time of it, but we'll get 'er done. r/ PK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users