Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA82T broken fuel rail and What are these parts?? :)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 habib99

habib99

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Wales UK

Posted 14 June 2005 - 05:25 PM

Hi again, In my quest to get these two engines going I seek further advice from you all and your amazing knowledge of the EA side of the force!

The fuel rail is broken on one of my engines in the circle on the piccie, that pipe is not present on any other EA82 I've seen! It goes to a T with the throtle body and then to the canister thingy, other engines I've seen just go from cannister to throtle body but not on to this point (where mine is broken). Does anyone know what will happen if I just block this off?

Also any chance someone can tell me where the three fuel pipes labelled 1,2,3 go - I know which one goes to the filter on in the engine bay but where do they all need to go after that?

Posted Image

Finally, can anyone ID these parts for me -trying to build a loom to run this engine should be easy but I am finding it very difficult for some reason (Lord help me when it comes to fitting a megasquirt system!!)
Posted Image
thanks a million again
habib :)

#2 tailgatewagon

tailgatewagon

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • Bozeman, MT

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:11 PM

no idea on the parts but this is what id would doo. .go find a car to look at and copy it. sorting a mess like that sucks

#3 habib99

habib99

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Wales UK

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:48 PM

no idea on the parts but this is what id would doo. .go find a car to look at and copy it. sorting a mess like that sucks

I tried this but the others I've seen are different -have different parts! Subaru really varied these parts from year to year and from market to market.

I'm getting there -just the ignition, knock control left to work out :)

#4 PoorManzImpreza

PoorManzImpreza

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • BARBADOS

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:21 PM

according to FSM one is for fuel return two is fuel supply three is for evap..

what year is the engine? any idea?

if your making a loom/harness for this engine I'd strongly advize acquireing a copy of the engine controll schematic for that year..there are some FSM scans in PDF format from an 89' car that'll be a huge help in doing whatu want..

#5 habib99

habib99

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Wales UK

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:23 AM

Thanks, yeh I found the PDF manual -very handy :D

Doesnt match the engine exactly but a great help & advice from this board's members I'm getting there!

thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users