Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T broken fuel rail and What are these parts?? :)

habib99

Hi again, In my quest to get these two engines going I seek further advice from you all and your amazing knowledge of the EA side of the force!

The fuel rail is broken on one of my engines in the circle on the piccie, that pipe is not present on any other EA82 I've seen! It goes to a T with the throtle body and then to the canister thingy, other engines I've seen just go from cannister to throtle body but not on to this point (where mine is broken). Does anyone know what will happen if I just block this off?

Also any chance someone can tell me where the three fuel pipes labelled 1,2,3 go - I know which one goes to the filter on in the engine bay but where do they all need to go after that?

Fuel%20Rail.jpg

Finally, can anyone ID these parts for me -trying to build a loom to run this engine should be easy but I am finding it very difficult for some reason (Lord help me when it comes to fitting a megasquirt system!!)

Mystery%20bits.JPG

thanks a million again

habib :)

no idea on the parts but this is what id would doo. .go find a car to look at and copy it. sorting a mess like that sucks

I tried this but the others I've seen are different -have different parts! Subaru really varied these parts from year to year and from market to market.

I'm getting there -just the ignition, knock control left to work out :)

according to FSM one is for fuel return two is fuel supply three is for evap..

what year is the engine? any idea?

if your making a loom/harness for this engine I'd strongly advize acquireing a copy of the engine controll schematic for that year..there are some FSM scans in PDF format from an 89' car that'll be a huge help in doing whatu want..