Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Outback Diagnostic Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tpetriep

tpetriep

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Lexington

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:52 AM

I have a 2000 Outback with 56k miles and the 4cycl engine. Here is the problem.
About two months ago, the A/C started blowing warm air at low speeds or idle. Once you get going 45mph, it gets back to normal cold air. It would not do this all the time just on occassion.
Then this past weekend the car started over heating. At idle the car runs hotter than normal but does not over heat. Once you start going down the road it overheats fairly quickly and starts blowing warm air out of the A/C. I don't know if or how the two problem could be related.
Last night I changed out the thermostat, and then changed the oil and air filter as part of normal maintance. I did not notice the oil having any water in it and the coolant than came out when I changed the therm. was clean. Any ideas on why the car is overheating? Thanks!

TP

#2 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,340 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:22 AM

I would check for a vacuum leak for the warm air problem. The air vents may be moving due to a lack of vacuum.

To see if the overheating is caused by a head gasket problem I would get a block check done as soon as possible. If it is a leak you should get it fixed as soon as you can to prevent further damage.

The car doesn't seem old enough to have a blockage in the radiator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users