Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Washington August 21st Drive....

Ok so Im new to this forum and actually I own an 05 WRX. I put together a drive in June and Id like to put another one together. Im trying to get as many cars as possible together for this drive. The one in June brought out 22 cars. Im going to aim for over 50 if I can get a large amount of all different kinds of Subarus. The date is going to be August 21st. The route is decided. For all of you who went on my last drive we will start in the same place. To accomidate for more people and more parking instead of meeting at Karttrak we are going to meet at Cascade Mall right down the road. From there we will hop on Highway 20 and head onto Whidbey Island. For all of you who havent been there there is Deception Pass. We will stop there for a nice photo op. Once onto the island we will head down 20 to the Keystone/Port Townsend Ferry. Tickets cost $10.30 a car plus $2.35 for each passenger, the preices are a little higher during summer months since its peak tourist season.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/sch...fm?route=pt-key

Once across the ferry we will hop on Highway 101 and that will be the main road we will take the majority of the drive. Now after the loop its all up to the rest of you as to where you stop and head home. For the people coming from the south you can either stop at Olympia or you can continue on to the ferry with the rest of us up Highway 101. Ill look into time on that ferry for a return time just see if we will make a ferry time or if we will have to roll back around the sound.

olympicdrivemap.jpg

The date is going to be August 21st...

Radio Frequency: 14

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the board and thanks for the invitation.

I have that day free and may be able to make it, I know there are some others here that would be interested as well.

I may meet you en-route if possible, I live down in Olympia.

Post a heads up when you have a definate itinerary and start time.

XSNRG