Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rx not running well. Timming maybe?

Hello everyone. I recently put my rx's engine back in, and still havnt worked out the little kinks yet to get it to pur like a kitten.

When i go to start it up, it wont start unless i give it a good bit of throttle, and try to start it with the throttle body well open. Then when it gets running, it will kind of sputter and seem to poke along, barely running. When i rev, it wont rev very high (wont go past 3k rpm or so, even when flooring it). When i drive it (just down the driveway), it doesnt have any power, and die very easily if not.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I dont think its my ignition. I know i have fuel. Im thinking timming is off (just did a timming belt job), or a vac hose is misplaced/ vaccume leak.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Probably is caused by a vacuum leak or wrong timing, check the timing with a light before doing anything else.

Ok i think i might of just realized why. I didnt turn the crack 360 deg after installing one timming belt, to install the other one. I just installed them at the same time. (doh)

Could this be it? haha

<---newb

Unfortunatly the site's repair and mod section went down RIGHT in the middle of my install.

Would this page apply to the EA82T?:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39455

If so, then i did it wrong, and need to re-install one of the timming belts.